XIPLY.NET PRIVACY NOTICE
- What Personal Information About Customers Does xiply.net Gather?
• What About Cookies?
• Does Xiply.net Share the Information It Receives?
• How Secure Is Information About Me?
• What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
• Which Information Can I Access?
• What Choices Do I Have?
• Are Children Allowed to Use Xiply.net?
• Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
• Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does xiply.net Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses xiply.net and other content served by or on behalf of xiply.net on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Xiply.net or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Xiply.net if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, affiliates and vendors. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Preferences Information.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- What About Cookies?
Does Xiply.net Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with associates of xiply.net All are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Service Providers: We often employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Xiply.net affiliates on behalf of our associates. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your information at the Customer Preferences Centre.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Xiply.net, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Xiply.net and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of xiply.net, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• If accepting credit cards, we will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers if / when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site sometimes will include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at Xiply.net, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our internet based ads policy.
Which Information Can I Access?
Xiply.net gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Xiply.net for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Preferences Information. (If you do not want to receive conditions of use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Xiply.net, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use Xiply.net?
No. Children, minors should not use xiply.net's site. It is intended adult use only.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Xiply.net, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the commercial laws of the Republic of Panama. If you have any concern about privacy at Xiply.net, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.